Digestive Health Center offers a $1,000 colonoscopy for our patients who choose to pay cash for their procedure. For those who have insufficient insurance coverage, no insurance coverage, a high deductible, or a health savings account, the $1000 colonoscopy can be a considerable value.
Note: Insurance is not billed with this offer. We will continue to accept most insurances in all other circumstances. This offer is only for patients who elect to pay cash for their procedure.
What is included for $1000?
- All physician professional charges
- All ambulatory surgical center (ASC) facility and technical charges
- All sedation charges
- One fixed price whether a screening or diagnostic procedure
- Snares, biopsy forceps, injection needles, tattooing supplies
- Patient education and follow-up call
What is NOT included?
- Bowel preparation kit
- Pathology fees for biopsies or polypectomy specimens, as well as lab fees for blood work or stool samples. We have negotiated cash rates from pathology and clinical laboratory companies.
How does this differ from hospital outpatient facilities?
- Many of the above charges at hospitals are à la carte, and may be marked up considerably, especially in the case of snares, sedation medications, and forceps.
- A marked differential reimbursement for hospital-based care versus surgery center exists; ambulatory surgical center (ASC) payments are more than 50 percent lower compared to hospitals or hospital outpatients departments, according to Becker’s ASC Review.
- We offer high quality expertise at extremely low profit margins. Dr. Stout opened Digestive Health Center more than 25 years ago and is an expert in gastroenterology. We have a highly trained nursing staff specializing in a small number of procedures. The differences in cost can be dramatic.